Hi. My name is rainbowCipher and I play World of Warcraft...

2007-06-21

So I'm a bit proud that I've somehow managed to post 40x already (i know, go me) and I haven't so much as mentioned my adventures in Azeroth. That is to say, I haven't talked about the game that consumes so much of my life. The game that has at least helped to kill two people [srsly]. The game that allows players to become heroes in another world, while their own world may be falling apart crumbling to pieces. The game that often disrespects reality, and causes human-beings to develop such utter abomination for each other they they would ruin the in-game funeral of a girl who tragically died [for real].

Now I'm sure you're thinking... wow, all these negatives... why would you possibly want to play this game? Well, what I didn't mention is that, whether good or bad, this is also the game that allows each and every player an opportunity to be something great. It offers an alternate universe, if you will, for making of what you will. In some cases, its a second chance at being the good person you wanted to be, or for just completely being yourself in a case where you may not be able to in your day-to-day life. It's an alternate world and reality where you can be totally and completely whatever you want to be. You can make of your time what you will and conquer dungeons and bosses several levels higher than you, or you can run around ganking low-levels. It's a chance for a few minutes or several hours of freedom. It's an opportunity to escape from your real life woes and do something great for a little while. It is, the World of Warcraft.

Now that I've spent so much time describing the pros and cons of the game, there's so little time left for all of the other things I was gonna say. No worries though, you know where I'm at... and I'll be back. 'Cause now that I've started... I'm sure you'll read all about it in future posts. If you're interested, let me know... shoot me a comment... it'll keep me writing AND make me feel good... so its a double whammy, so whaddaya think? Please.

2 comments:

Okay, when I read about them crashing the funeral in Time magazine, yes, Time magazine, I thought it was low and classless. Now, after having seen the video, I view it as being more than low and classless. It makes me want to create a Horde character on that server, get really high levels and then go and kill each one of them, over and over again. But I won't, cause I suck at games like this.

6/21/07, 11:16 AM  

This game is horrible and terrible but yet fun and awesome at the same time. I play it too much but have so much fun while doing so.

Mikey said...
6/21/07, 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment