Firewall Roundup - Leak-tests Results

2007-12-13

I found a site that does Leak-tests and posts the results of popular firewalls. You can find the chart here. A summary follows:

As we've discussed previously, my favorite kind of software is the kind that's free. It was no surprise to me that my favorite firewall (though it may get replaced soon by the, also free, number one on the list) is near the top of this list at number 3. Below is the top 10. It should be noted that these are NOT ALL FREE, but the ones that are have notes to let you know that. To see the whole list, view their Leak-tests Results here.

I'll post on my thoughts on firewall's in the near future, but first I just may end up trying my hand at another free one.

4 comments:

Hi! I like your post on firewall leak tests....Comodo is my favorite too!
:)

Anonymous said...
12/15/07, 12:18 PM  

Comodo has been my favorite for quite a few year's, and the best part about it is... it's third on the leak-test AND it's FREE!!

Unknown said...
12/16/07, 9:14 AM  

After checking your blog, I liked the articles related to the freeware: WinAmp, Defragmenters. I thought that you might be interesting to participate in the Blog Carnival on the topic: "Best Free Software for General Use".
Announcement: http://freeware4review.blogspot.com/2008/01/best-free-software-for-general-use-blog.html
Submission Link: http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_3406.html

It will take just 10 your minutes, but will get an additional exposure to your page.

The results will be posted by February 15, 2008. Due date for the submission - February 14, 2008. Appreciate your participation and comments.

1/31/08, 8:56 PM  

i used to swear by zonealarm until it became too bloated, now comodo is my firewall of choice, free and outranks even some paid ones!
YourComputer.blogspot.com

admin said...
3/9/08, 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment